Through the PE curriculum we ensure that all children are physically active for sustained periods of time. We implement the National Curriculum through both knowledge and skill based activities and promote a healthy and active lifestyle. Children are given the opportunity to engage in competitive sports and activities both inter and intra schools which builds character and helps to embed our Christian Values.
- To develop habits leading to a healthy and active lifestyle, promoting physical fitness and healthy eating.
- To access competitive games.
- To develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance through a variety of sports.
- To develop children’s confidence in applying and adapting a range of skills in a variety of settings.
- To develop an appreciation of the creative and aesthetic aspects of physical activity.
- To understand that physical activity doesn’t just have to be done through sport but also other outdoor activities (for example in forest school).
- To contribute to children’s social and emotional development by promoting their self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Developing qualities such as commitment, fairness, tolerance, and teamwork alongside individual success.
- To encourage children to consider their own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- To develop a tactical awareness in game situations.
Pilgrim Progress & Skills Progression
Physical Education Policy