Welcome to Year 2!
Miss Wall is our Year 2 class teacher.
Mrs Dewey and Mrs Whitcombe are the teaching assistants in our classroom.
Hello Year 2!
I hope you are all well and keeping safe inside!
I will update this page everyday with learning activities for you to complete.
If you have any questions, would like to send me what you have been doing or have a chat, please email me. My email address is email@example.com - I would love to hear from you!
Love from Miss Wall xx
To access/contribute to our class Padlet canvas below, go onto the Padlet website, make a free account and share anything you would like!
Zachary and Isaac recreated the Easter Story! Amazing work guys! (The file was too big for Padlet)
Useful Links for Home Learning:
- www.twinkl.co.uk/offer (password: UKTWINKLHELPS) - This website provides a range of learning resources, some of which will be used for home learning activities.
- www.phonicsplay.co.uk (username: march20 password:home) - Great website for phonic learning.
- www.busythings.co.uk/lgfl-login/ (username and password provided in your child's learning pack) - A website with a range of learning activities. Some of the learning tasks will be set here under the 'assignments' tab.
- www.bbc.co.uk/teach/school-radio/english-ks1-ks2-ks3-index/zf34gwx - Stories told in different audio episodes, including some comprehension activities.
- www.topmarks.co.uk - This website includes many Maths games.
- www.whiterosemaths.com - A website which releases 5 Maths lessons per week free for anyone to access!
- www.mysteryscience.com - Science website giving ideas of many scientific, hands-on experiments.
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcwDEz8BVXw - Mr Thackers' YouTube channel for 3 daily exercises for children to do whilst indoors. Please SUBSCRIBE :)
PLEASE CAN YOU CONTINUE READING EVERYDAY FOR 10 - 15 MINUTES. IT'S A TIME FOR YOUR MIND TO UNWIND, FOR YOU TO USE YOUR IMAGINATION AND ESCAPE TO ANOTHER WORLD!
It is our aim to provide regular homework, which prepares your child for an activity, reinforces work in class or gives the opportunity to develop essential skills through open-ended exploration on a particular theme. It will also give you the opportunity to see what your child is currently learning in school and become involved in this.
Homework is set on a THURSDAY and is due in the following TUESDAY.
Pupils are expected to read daily and bring their contact books with them to school each morning.
P.E is on a Friday. Please ensure that pupils have their full kit in school and that items are named clearly. P.E lessons are often outside, so please make sure that pupils have the appropriate clothing!
Forest School is alternate Tuesdays, starting every first Tuesday of a new term. Forest School will be after lunch, so pupils need to come to school in their uniform as normal and bring their kit with them. Please ensure that all items are named clearly.